jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can I run my computer with solar Energy?

1. H P Roychoudhury profile image47
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 7 years ago

Can I run my computer with solar Energy?

2. questionpaper profile image80
    questionpaperposted 7 years ago

Hi! To answer to this question I would say yes, you can run your computer with solar energy but you will have to use an inverter to be able to use the computer as the inverter converts low voltages into high voltages!

I hope I answered your questions!

3. greanearth83 profile image44
    greanearth83posted 6 years ago

Yes you can. If you looking to build a small system just for the purpose of running your home computer, then your betteroff buying a guide and building your own panel and battery system. I say this because buying a solar panel system from a solar manufacturer will be more expencive than its worth.Expecially for such a small use.

4. how to man profile image61
    how to manposted 6 years ago

Absolutely! If you have a solar system on your house, it generates electricity that is fed back into the grid. This electricity can then power anything, including your computer.

You can also buy a small solar panel to take with you when you are traveling which charges a battery that is charged through the current that is generated by the solar panel. I recently saw one of these systems at Costco. It had a small device that also was an inverter, that could even run a small Alternating Current (AC) light. It was pretty neat. You could plug your USB cable from it into your computer.

5. beckhamdavid profile image56
    beckhamdavidposted 6 years ago

Yes, you can run your computer with solar energy not only computer but also run all electric appliances which is in your home.For more detail on solar power visit- http://www.utnrenewables.co.uk/

working