jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What was your first computer?

1. Listessa profile image62
    Listessaposted 7 years ago

What was your first computer?

Mine was a Tandy 1000HX, it had a 3.5 inch floppy, no hard drive, 256k of RAM and ran on an early version of MS-DOS.  I upgraded the RAM to 512K and wore the keyboard down playing video games as much as possible. I got it at the Radio Shack in my old neighborhood.

2. OldSkoolFool profile image59
    OldSkoolFoolposted 7 years ago

I had an IBM with the old school floppys. Not the 1.14 but the wide thin ones. Looked a lot like the one in the picture.

3. thehands profile image97
    thehandsposted 7 years ago

Man, that was so long ago...

I think it was either a 486 or a Pentium; not quite sure. It had 4 Mb of RAM, at any rate, I remember. Even for its day, that wasn't that much. Floppy drive, CD-ROM drive, and I think the HDD was something like half a gig. Originally it ran Win 3.1 over DOS, but we upgraded to Win 95 at some point. Man, it was beautiful. My Ctrl-Alt-Del keys got worn down a lot, but those were the days...

4. profile image44
    technofanposted 7 years ago

Our first computer was the Power Macintosh.

5. profile image0
    Richard Stephenposted 7 years ago

My first PC was a 286 operating at a whopping 12 MHz clock speed!  It had what I thought was a huge 40 Megabyte (not Gigabyte) hard drive and a VGA monitor.  I thought I had arrived.  Little did I know ...

6. M A Williams profile image72
    M A Williamsposted 7 years ago

Commodore 64!

Great games on that machine.
    It had the old 5.25 floppy disc that were actually double sided and you would have to flip them over half way through a game. The comoputer had no storage space.
    The computer screens weren't colour, just different shades of green.
    Still remember what you would have to type to run the disc (because there was no operating system like windows. Load"*",8,1

7. gazook profile image80
    gazookposted 7 years ago

Great picture! This was a cool question that brings back some memories. Just like M A Williams my first computer was the C64. Then I moved on to a 286 PC like Richard, but mine only ran at 10MHz and had a 20MB hard drive smile

Closed to reply