I receive an error message when starting up Jcontentbackup on my rumor touch whi

1. profile image48
    rfetposted 7 years ago

I receive an error message when starting up Jcontentbackup on my rumor touch which reads...

"jvax.microedition.pim.PI-MException: List not available". This occurs after two permission checks were I have selected 1 Always Allow or 2 Allow Until Exit. The only way to get out of this error that I found was to touch the icon in the upper left and select either the 1 Application Manager or 4 Exit. How can I correct this error and move on with bhe backup process?  Did I do something incorrect? I used the zip download link from this page for the Jcontentbackup.zip files.

2. danatheteacher profile image64
    danatheteacherposted 7 years ago

try uninstalling and then reinstalling- this does not mean overwriting, but make sure you uninstall first and then reinstall fresh.

Also make sure you set the folder to export to.

3. profile image48
    rfetposted 7 years ago

Thank you for the reply.
    I'm sorry to bother you with this but... being new, I need a step by step on exactly where to go and how to 'Uninstall'. I've looked and do not see anything obvious that would allow me to perform an 'Uninstall'. The 'Application Manager' appears to be useless along with 'My Content Manager' under Mystuff, Applications. Under 'Mystuff, Applications', highlighting JContactBackup and 'Options' only provides 1 Run, 2 Properties, 3 Settings, 4 Delete, 5 Folder Status - none of which apprear to be an Uninstall.

Since this program does not allow access due to the error at this time, there doesn't seem to be any way to set an 'export folder'.

Is there somewhere that you might have already posted a How to Uninstall a 3rd Party App?

Thanks again, Your help is much appreciated.

working