FIXED: Error Message while publishing and edited hub.

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)
  1. youcanwin profile image42
    youcanwinposted 11 years ago

I am getting the following message when I tried to publish a edited hub.

Something went wrong. Please try again. And when you get a chance, you may want to report this issue in the Hubpages forums.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image73
      Matthew Meyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It looks like you are using a rather old version of Firefox (3).
      If you upgrade to the latest stable version for Linux, Firefox 15.0.1, do you still have the same issues?
      http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html

1. Michael Willis profile image67
        Michael Willisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have just tried to edit several hubs and I keep getting the Error message. The upper tab on screen will then show   * and nothing else. I am using IE9.

@Michael

You seem to be the most recent person reporting this issue.

Are you still having issues editing your existing Hubs?
          I just did some testing in Internet Explorer 9 in Windows 7 and was able to edit the title and a text capsule in an existing Hub without encountering an error or any other problems.

If you are still having problems, is it related to one, a subset, or all Hubs?
          Can you provide the title and/or URL for a problematic Hub?

Could you also include what specific steps result in the error?

Once we have a bit more info, we can do further research and try to reproduce the issue so we can forward it to our engineering team.

1. Michael Willis profile image67
            Michael Willisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for responding Matthew.
            Today I was able to edit the hubs. Yesterday when I would hit "edit", I would automatically see the "oops, an error occur...please try again.." message. If I opened a text box, the top row with edit buttons would not load.
            This happened many times on each hub (7 hubs I think it was) yesterday. I finally gave up for the day. But today, I had no issue.

I am glad it is working for you.
              I'm going to leave this thread open in case folks run into this again.

Thanks for taking the time to report the issue.

2. ITcoach profile image57
    ITcoachposted 11 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Keep on posting your problems in the hub questions. It is the best way to solve and get feedback to your questions. Try to post your edited hub again.

Thanks for sharing a question, I had also the same problem

3. Don Simkovich profile image60
    Don Simkovichposted 11 years ago

I had the same problem, too, this morning on Saturday morning. I'll wait a bit and then try editing again.

4. peachpower profile image60
    peachpowerposted 11 years ago

I had a similar issue today- I was starting a new hub and was unable to post it. I went to other hubs and was able to edit them, so I'm interested to see what's going on.

5. Don Simkovich profile image60
    Don Simkovichposted 11 years ago

Yesterday, about 5 hours apart, I went into two hubs that I started but I still can't edit the text capsules. And this morning, I can't either. I'll clear the cookies and see if this helps. Quite frustrating. Peachpower, is this the same issue you're having?

1. peachpower profile image60
      peachpowerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey Don, I'm actually able to edit old hubs, but yesterday I was not able to start a new one. I got an error message and couldn't get past the titling page. Odd, to be sure.

1. Don Simkovich profile image60
        Don Simkovichposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey peachpower, I'm unable to edit existing hubs. At least, I couldn't edit the text capsule on one previously published hub. It seems I'm having problems with the text capsule. I was able to add an eBay capsule. Did you contact the HP team and let them know? In the meantime, I'll go read some of your hubs.

6. Anna Marie Bowman profile image73
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 11 years ago

I had some issues with that today.  I was working on a hub, and had no problem editing text capsules, but when I tried to add a link capsule and photos, it kept giving me the error message.  I recently updated my firefox, so that isn't the issue.

1. Don Simkovich profile image60
      Don Simkovichposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Try deleting your cookies and see if that works. I did on Sun night and that worked for me.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)