jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

IS this considered Copying ??????

1. wwpauljd profile image52
    wwpauljdposted 7 years ago

IS this considered Copying ??????

HEy I'm new here I was wondering, could I post my articles here that I have already posted on a...different site? I am the original creator of the work.

2. Sweetsusieg profile image84
    Sweetsusiegposted 7 years ago

Yes, HubPages will flag those articles.  It doesn't matter who created them, it will still be considered Copying.  If you re-write them, using different titles and words then maybe it will be Ok.  Just be prepared, In case they are flagged.

Hope this helps

3. Rosie2010 profile image77
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

Yes you can, but the computer might catch the original article that you wrote and flag it as "duplicate".  I also read an article in Squidoo, where I am also a member, that it is not cool to just copy and paste from one site to another.  But what you can do, is to revise the original giving it a resfreshed look.. this might work.   I hope this helps.

Have a nice day,

4. Just Ask Susan profile image88
    Just Ask Susanposted 7 years ago

I wrote a story that was already published on helium.  When I posted it on hubpages it came up as a duplicate. I re-wrote the story and re-submitted it. It worked and all is well.

5. izoooom profile image58
    izoooomposted 7 years ago

I'm fairly new as well and have had this issue.
    It will flag and it will make you nervous to start with but hubpages admin does not want to be contacted to say it is yours on another site, this hopefully makes it ok. This is what the flag says:

NOTE: A substantial portion of the content on this hub appears on other sites

This Hub seems to contain text that also appears on another site, and may be incurring a HubScore penalty as a result. If you revise the content so that it is unique to HubPages, your Hub will automatically be rechecked for duplication.

The issue of duplicate content on HubPages is completely separate from issues of plagiarism or copyright. All that it means is that we found text very similar to what is contained in this Hub elsewhere on the Web. Promotional or affiliate links are strictly prohibited on Hubs identified as duplicate.

Please do not contact us to say that this is your original content that is published on another site. However, if you believe that this content should not appear anywhere else on the Internet, please contact us. Include the URL or title of this Hub in your message."