jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When one use a grinding mill, how to adjust the powder fineness?

1. crystaljoyjoyjoy profile image55
    crystaljoyjoyjoyposted 7 years ago

When one use a grinding mill, how to adjust the powder fineness?

some grinding mill can reduce material on 0.613-0.033mm, if I want fine powder, such as 300mesh, what should i do? if I need coarse powder, such as 30mesh, what should i do for that?

2. Jaggedfrost profile image78
    Jaggedfrostposted 7 years ago

Read the instructions, take two sleeping pills, two shots of vodka, and if you are still around in the morning we will have a long talk about how that really wasn't the best idea in the world.

3. Wayne Brown profile image82
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

It probably depends on the machine but I would tend to think that it has everything to do with the mesh on which the ground up material is being dropped.  This mesh is designed to allow up to a certain size to drop through and the rest goes to other places.  Otherwise, I would think that you would have to retool the crusher rollers to have more or less teeth for the grinding process. WB

4. Powerful Pierre profile image79
    Powerful Pierreposted 7 years ago

Any grinding mill I have used at various times (as a miner we often used grinding apparatus/various screens to make the ore bigger or smaller) can be adjusted depending on what it is being used for. Rock had to be like pea gravel so often it required changing screens to get the job done. I would think your g m has more than 1 screen right? IF the holes are wider the bigger the bypassed material will be and vice versa. Have fun.