jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is with wearing iPods a lot?

1. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

What is with wearing iPods a lot?

Yeah it's cool to like music I know, but all the time? And they never say hello either if people walk past!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4381745_f260.jpg

2. Klena profile image65
    Klenaposted 7 years ago

I've always listened to music when I'm out in public on my own, because I dislike listening to part of conversations or the noises of the city whilst I'm walking. Also it's safer and easier to navigate listening to your iPod than it is to walk and read a book.

Some people go off into their own worlds when listening to music, which could be why they don't see you. However, people who aren't listening the music can do the same so I don't think it's just the iPod's fault.

3. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

There are also people who cannot stand their own thoughts for hours on end when travelling. They would rather listen to music as a distraction than spend the time thinking about something. Of course they will choose music that they like but it can be a "distraction habit" rather than a real desire to listen to the music.

4. profile image28
    SimonS12posted 7 years ago

music for most people really lighten their moods or helps them relax a little bit from a busy lifestyle. and since people have different music preferences, we tend to wear iPods so we can't distract other people because we're the only one who hears it. but sad to say, some people are really so into it that they don't even bother about their surroundings or the people they meet along the street. nevertheless, iPods and music still does a lot of help to us.

Closed to reply

working