jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is there any way to get rid of ads appearing on gmail inbox?

1. iamalegend profile image74
    iamalegendposted 7 years ago

Is there any way to get rid of ads appearing on gmail inbox?

2. skear profile image97
    skearposted 7 years ago

Yes.  You can use Firefox as your browser and install the free Adblock Plus addon.

3. pol1ce profile image60
    pol1ceposted 7 years ago

If you want to manualy do this, you can use a trick that i use with some browsers installed in my web servers.

1) Use IE,Firefox,Opera or Safari
    2) Depending which browser you use, go to Tools or Edit or preferences
    3) Search Privacy and chose to block all cookies and to ask you if you want it to accept them
    4) Enter inside the website you want, and you will notice a pop up window prompting you to accept the cookie of some website
    5) You can acept one at a time, Note each address of each of this web sites
    6) Go to the Tools of your browser and search the security zone and go to the restricted web sites and write each one of them (you do not need to write all the address, only the root of each one EG: www.adsmakingmecrazy.com)

If you have problems accesing the website, go to tools --> privacy and see if you are blocking by error some website that is not an ads website, any question, send me a message

4. vydyulashashi profile image58
    vydyulashashiposted 7 years ago

I guess you are asking about ads which appear above the mail list in your inbox when you login.
    If so then go to settings in gmail then select webclips and uncheck the option show my webclips above the inbox.

5. abhishek.genius profile image62
    abhishek.geniusposted 7 years ago

I agree with skear. First of all switch your browser to Mozilla Firefox or Google chrome. If you are using Firefox then click on the following link and install the ad-block on your browser.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo … lock-plus/

likewise if you are using Google chrome then browse their extension gallery for ad-block.
    I am myself using this extension and enjoying ads free browsing.

working