jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How to install xp software or .exe files in linux centos 5?????

1. viplove09may profile image69
    viplove09mayposted 7 years ago

How to install xp software or .exe files in linux centos 5?????

2. kellynebs profile image57
    kellynebsposted 7 years ago

you can install vmware for linux or virtual box,
    and then install windows xp on it....then install your xp software on this virtual OS
    simply easy.

3. powermove257 profile image58
    powermove257posted 7 years ago

you cant you can only install one or the other unless you use vm program. you can run windows on top of window but not windows / linus. i use fedora and windows 7 my fedora 14 is a bootable i made using magic iso.

4. profile image49
    Harvey Wrightposted 7 years ago

Hello!  To install Windows software on a Linux system you need to install a virtual machine.  I recommend Virtual Box by Oracle / Sun Microsystems.  I use this on my PC and have a Linux OS installed in it.  It works nicely.  At 1 time I had XP Pro x64, VISTA Business x86 and 2 Linux OS installed in V-Box.  Just make sure you have the memory and the free disk space.  If you do not then there will be performance issues.
    What happens is that the V-BOX creates a folder/directory that your host OS (In your case Linux) is an independent computer like on a network.

5. Decosigner profile image59
    Decosignerposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4576730_f260.jpg

Try WINE, it is used in many linux distros. It is installable just like a software and from there you can install and run windows programs. I haven't tried centos, but it made me run windows softwares on ubuntu.

Visit www.winehq.org

By the way WINE is not a vmware, its a program that lets you run windows programs and it is completely FREE.

6. UrbnGeek profile image59
    UrbnGeekposted 7 years ago

Use WINE . It's a windows emulator which can run windows application on linux.

7. RedmanBrendan profile image60
    RedmanBrendanposted 6 years ago

sudo apt-get install wine

Once that's installed, use chmod to change permissions on the exe you want to run, or right click on it and hit properties. Once the properties are sit, simply right click and hit run with wine.

It may be a little bit harder than that, I haven't used my debian install in awhile.

working