jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it necessary to keep all of the Microsoft updates or can some of them be dele

1. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

Is it necessary to keep all of the Microsoft updates or can some of them be deleted?

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

There are literally hundreds of these updates throughout the years; many of which are absolutely critical to your computer/internet security. Some of them are probably required for your computer to even continue functioning in today’s environment. You will have to examine each update separately and make your own decision. As an example, I was not thrilled with Silverlight; so I got rid of that one in a hurry. smile

3. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

Thanks so much paradigmsearch guess I will just leave well enough alone then smile

4. BlissfulWriter profile image70
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

If the particular update is labelled as "critical", I would definately update it.  Otherwise, those not labelled as such is not totally necessary.  But there is no harm in updating it anyways.  So if it is easier to update everything, then just go with it and let Microsoft update everything.

5. ishadi profile image60
    ishadiposted 6 years ago

in my opinion, if too many updates Microsoft, make fat operating system. finally working windows heavier. I ever to delete all Microsoft updates, including windows defender, internet security, etc. It is my view, to computer security affairs, ultimately I leave it to anti virus.

working