jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Which do you prefer? Linux, windows, or Mac os? Why?

1. PingThis profile image59
    PingThisposted 7 years ago

Which do you prefer? Linux, windows, or Mac os? Why?

2. profile image55
    TajSinghposted 7 years ago

I prefer Windows. For me, it is very easy to use and it has most of the features that I need. I don't have to worry much about the technical stuff of the OS and just go right into working.

3. brianlokker profile image97
    brianlokkerposted 7 years ago

I've never used Linux so I can't comment on that one. But I strongly prefer Mac OSX to Windows. I have never had a crash on OSX in the 4 years since I switched from Windows PCs. With Windows, crashes were a regular occurrence. No comparison in my view.

4. profile image49
    eagleboyposted 7 years ago

its more secure and very durable compared to either windows and linux plus once you get used to it you enjoy using it

5. syedusmanahmed profile image60
    syedusmanahmedposted 7 years ago

I use Windows, because it is most common and so there are many application available which are not available for Linux and MacOS.

6. lycorne profile image62
    lycorneposted 6 years ago

Linux, most definitely Linux.  Windows "best" feature, are those pretty BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death).  It's a pretty blue ...

7. grandslambert profile image72
    grandslambertposted 6 years ago

I use Linux primarily, but I also have a Mac at the desk I use on occasion. Aside from most games, any application you need for a computer is available FOR FREE in Linux - you just have to know where to look.

More importantly, my computer boots faster in Linux than any other OS. 37 seconds to be exact, and even less time to shut down. Not sure anyone can get Windows to boot that fast.

8. Michael Arida profile image60
    Michael Aridaposted 5 years ago

I use both Windows and Linux. I prefer Linux because its free, I can get almost any program I need for free or an open-source counterpart for free, no blue screens, faster, and also I run a LAMP server for web development. I mainly use Windows for gaming and Linux for everything else due to ease of use, stability, and as mentioned above the very attractive price.

I don't use and never will use a Mac unless its somehow work related (highly unlikely).

9. profile image0
    jlcustompcposted 5 years ago

The short answer is Windows for daily use

Servers - Linux all the way

MAC - not a fan

10. SilverleafdKethra profile image54
    SilverleafdKethraposted 3 years ago

I like the ability to customize anything I want.
    I like the freedom of choice it gives for things like the windows manager and file manager.
    I support the philosophy behind it.