jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

What type of operating system do you use and why? OS X, Windows, Linux, Unix...

1. snoblet profile image83
    snobletposted 6 years ago

What type of operating system do you use and why? OS X, Windows, Linux, Unix... etc.

I am just wondering what is popular out there and what kind of use do most use it for. Thanks

2. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

Always Windows. It's more compatible with data, it has better interfaces and all-in-all is what I'm used to. I don't think I could switch, unless something brilliant comes along.

3. snoblet profile image83
    snobletposted 6 years ago

@Indigital - I been with linux for a long time, mainly because when i was in school, i needed something to do my papers and linux was free.  I started using windows xp when the place i work for required me to know it, but i heard that xp was a great os, and the later ones were not as good.  Trying to hunt down my next os

4. CZCZCZ profile image85
    CZCZCZposted 6 years ago

I've upgraded to windows 7 and like it very much.  I kept my xp boxes running long enough cause vista was crap however I like Windows 7 very easy to use and seems to work well.  I am using the 64bit version and its great. No complaints for me on win 7, but vista was no good.

5. nabeelplus profile image58
    nabeelplusposted 6 years ago

all time windows user.. i havent tried other

6. jasenpages profile image59
    jasenpagesposted 6 years ago

After using Windows for almost 20 years, I switched to mac, and now use OS X for everything, but have a copy of Windows 7 for testing web development, and use Linux on my web servers.

7. Aikonia profile image85
    Aikoniaposted 5 years ago

On a daily basis at the office I use Windows 7. At home I use mostly Max OS X with a sprinkle of Windows 7 and a dash of Linus Mint 13. Happy holidays!!

1. snoblet profile image83
      snobletposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Whoa that sounds like baking a cake, but windows 7 is foreign to me.  I majored in computers, but now I feel a distant from technology.  It was never something I really like to do, but did it because others were into it.   Happy Holidays!!!

working