jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are social networking sites making people dumb?

1. biman_r profile image72
    biman_rposted 7 years ago

Are social networking sites making people dumb?

I found a study which shows that social networking sites are making people dumb? What do you think about this?

2. agvulpes profile image86
    agvulpesposted 7 years ago

I would like to see this study, you can make figures say anything!
    I believe that anything that exercises your mind must be a good thing.  Most of the Social Networking sites that I visit I find invigorates the mind and educates me about the different cultures around the world!

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I don't think they make people dumb, but I do believe they can inhibit our interaction with people.  It is such a fantasy to believe we know someone because we chat with them online or interact on facebook.

4. Ralph Thorndyke profile image39
    Ralph Thorndykeposted 7 years ago

"I found a study which shows that social networking sites are making people dumb?"

Now this is an example of a very broad question not backed up with any supporting data, that in itself is based on an opinion.

However, look at it this way. Someone just today told me..."I don't want to PLAY the games. I want to MAKE the games. (And the money.)

I agree with that last paragraph. I stopped using the net for just fun about a year after I got online. If I were a gozillionaire, I'd still feel guilty just doing fun stuff on the net. Too much to see, do, and learn.

working