jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How to install antivirus on lap top with a virus

1. profile image46
    maphumposted 6 years ago

How to install antivirus on lap top with a virus

2. cresandsuzanne profile image59
    cresandsuzanneposted 6 years ago

ok you will need the infected one and one that is not, side by side.  go to www.bleepingcomputer.com on the good one and i swear it will tell you step by step how to start up the sick one in dos mode and walk you through whichever process will remove your virus (it sounds like malaware) THEN-the site will also give you a preventative so you wont get the malaware anymore!  it happened to me! i went to the site and removed 3 viruses FOR FREE!  then when your computer is fixed GET AVAST VIRUS SOFTWARE FOR FREE FREE FREE ONLINE AT AVAST.COM-IT IS UBERAWESOME!

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

You can reformat the hard drive.  It is the surest way to get rid of a virus.

4. larrydm profile image59
    larrydmposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4835641_f260.jpg

First you must start your computer in safe mode, by rebooting and then tapping the f8 key before windows starts.

You will get a windows menu showing multiple choices check out the photo screenshot go to safe mode then install malwarebytes that you  should have on a cd or flash drive to install and then run malwarebytes to remove all trouble you can even update malwarebytes by choosing safe mode with networking just unplug after updating untill malwarebytes is done removing the infestations.

5. ishadi profile image61
    ishadiposted 6 years ago

If you still can get into windows and within your computer antivirus software is still there (even if the antivirus is not good), the solution:

1. Prepare to be installed antivirus program, and store them in a CD. Antivirus files will be installed should not be stored in the pendrive, but must be stored on the CD, so as not infected with the virus.

2. Virus busy with conducting a virus scan. So do the virus scan to divert the attention of the virus.

3. When the process is running, install the new antivirus into a PC.

4. If this does not work, install the new operating system, select new installation, select different folders etc ...

working