jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is anyone planning on buying the Blackberry Playbook?

1. Azure11 profile image91
    Azure11posted 6 years ago

Is anyone planning on buying the Blackberry Playbook?

I read a review that said it didn't really do much apart from synch with your blackberry so wondered if people were actually going to buy it...

2. Jason Payne profile image60
    Jason Payneposted 6 years ago

I am pretty vested in the Apple world, so I won't be getting one because of this.  But, even if I didn't own other Apple products, I still wouldn't.  Between the iPad and a few of the Android tablets, I see no reason to buy one at this point.  We will see after the line matures.

3. profile image83
    RichBestposted 6 years ago

Well, a couple of my friends are. However, they are trying to compare the Playbook with other Android tablets from vendors such as Samsung and Apple. Too bad I can't be of much help as I don't really know the full specifications of the Playbook.

4. supplies expert profile image60
    supplies expertposted 6 years ago

I feel like most of the people who will purchase this playbook are going to be the same customers they already have who purchase handsets.  I do think that the playbook is going to be better for business professionals, but I don't think that it will be extraordinarily better than any other offering out there.  Personally I won't be purchasing the Playbook considering that I have not even seen the need to purchase any tablet yet.  I have a smart phone and well that does pretty much anything I need on the fly, and when I'm home, it's a lot easier to just go on a laptop.  But yeah I feel like the Xoom, Galaxy, and iPad are all going to dominate this market for a little while.  The Xoom has flash support, Galaxy is in its own category because the size, and the iPad is just always going to be around because of the Apple craze people have.  As for the Playbook I don't know where it fits in, except for maybe people who already have a blackberry.  Although the playbook is probably just as good as every other tablet, it just doesn't have the same luxury feeling that goes with it.

working