How do you install java on blackberry playbook so you can browse Java enabled we

1. jeyaramd profile image76
    jeyaramdposted 6 years ago

How do you install java on blackberry playbook so you can browse Java enabled websites.

Anyone know if java is something that blackberry is  working on. I am not referring to the java on blackberry phones.

2. maxravi profile image57
    maxraviposted 6 years ago

As far as I know blackberry browser supports Java, flash etc. can you please mention any error message you are getting?

3. jeyaramd profile image76
    jeyaramdposted 6 years ago

It is my understanding that Playbook has javascript, but does not have Java. Java needs to be installed by the manufacturer. Its not something we can install on our own. That is my understanding when it comes to mobile devices. I tried accessing a Java based website called usmleworld. However, once I typed in my username and password. A page appeared stating "Do you have Java installed?" With advice on how you can verify if Java is installed on your computer. I clicked on the tester. It took me to a site www.javatester.org/version/html. However, the message mentioned that Java was not installed in my computer. However, javascript was okay. Apparently, it seems that I have to wait until Playbook installs Java to use this site. Are there any ways to get around this problem. Thank you for your help.

working