Have you heard of the social network FOURSQUARE? Is it the next twitter or just

1. Pharice profile image34
    Phariceposted 6 years ago

Have you heard of the social network  FOURSQUARE?
    Is it the next twitter or just plain unsafe?

FOURSQUARE is a location-based social networking website based on software for mobile devices. This service is available to users with GPS-enabled mobile devices such as smartphones. Users "check-in" at venues using a mobile website, text messaging or a device-specific application by running the application and selecting from a list of venues that the application locates nearby.[3] Each check-in awards the user points and sometimes "badges".

2. megmccormick profile image72
    megmccormickposted 6 years ago

Well if you're worried someone might track you down that you don't want to be able to track your whereabouts, I suppose it could be unsafe.

However a lot of businesses are encouraging their customers to use Four Square when they are at their establishments by offering incentives to use Foursquare to post their status.  That way the business is using the power of Social Media and Social Proof to promote their business!

3. supplies expert profile image60
    supplies expertposted 6 years ago

The reason I don't believe it's unsafe is because you choose who sees where you check-in.  Only people in your network can see that, and well, if you're afraid of someone in your friend's network, then I would probably delete them.  Otherwise Foursquare is safe.  I don't think that it will be the next twitter though only because Twitter can easily add that capability to its platform and since it already has a huge following, there is no need for a new Twitter.

working