Is there a way to find out the internet plan of the wireless network you are con

1. Doctor Kristy profile image90
    Doctor Kristyposted 6 years ago

Is there a way to find out the internet plan of the wireless network you are connected to?

i'm on holiday, and I'm sick... the place I am staying has free wifi and I'd like to go youtube browsing for a while but am worried if the apartments have a small amount of internet usage that I might use it all up.

Is there a way to check how much usage the place has?

2. javaoverride profile image59
    javaoverrideposted 6 years ago

You could see if there is a config page Http://192.168.100.1 failing that you could ask, hope that helps and I hope you feel better so you can enjoy your holiday.

3. registerdomains profile image65
    registerdomainsposted 6 years ago

A very good concern. Not just for usage tracking. But for security reasons too, which is more important.

Its a legitimate need to understand which network we are actually connected to, hackers can always setup wifi's and let others connect to it freely and get the details of the person who is connected to it.

The better option for our safety is to carry a internet data card which directly connect to ISP than relying to local networks/proxies.

working