jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How can I maximize my traffic to my websites?

1. Kwazzy profile image59
    Kwazzyposted 6 years ago

How can I maximize my traffic to my websites?

I use Google+/About.Me/Hubpages/Linked In/Dice.com/Facebook. I want to increase my traffic and have a somewhat centralized information store so I can get my name out there. How do YOU maximize your traffic?

2. techhound profile image78
    techhoundposted 6 years ago

The biggest way to increase your traffic is to offer relevant content.  I know this sounds obvious but you'd be surprised how many people overlook this important point.  I have tried to buy all kinds of plugins, gadgets, etc., and they only serve to get me banned from Google Adwords and other services as well.  When I stopped trying to find the silver bullet in marketing and started offering content that was meaningful and worthwhile, my traffic soared.  It really works.  Try it and you'll be amazed.

3. Zubair Ahmed profile image77
    Zubair Ahmedposted 6 years ago

As stated by techhound below 'Content is KING', if you target your content to what the readers want and the search engines are looking for then you've got a sure winner.  The other thing to do is market your content using good old linking methods rather than expensive or dodgy tools.

I use Onlywire and also IBP11 for my work and it seems to work very well.  Also try reading and commenting on a number other websites or blogs that relate to your content, living your URL that helps to build backlinks which search engines also love.

4. An Aberrant Taste profile image76
    An Aberrant Tasteposted 6 years ago

First, you need to write about things that are searched by people, not something so plain like 'how to build a chair' but more on something that is used in peoples' everyday lives. Think about it, what do they use every day? Their phones, computers, trains, cars, work places, schools, colleges, ect.. these are always good topics as there are ALWAYS new people arriving to the subject. It's good to write unique hubs, but you should draw the public to your page with more-so 'epic' ones. Then, you need to have good tags--tags, tags, tags! I know I had a lower amount of tags on one of my hubs, I added about five or six more clever ones, and almost instantly I saw a pretty little red triangle next to my hub! Try using Twitter, and also backlink!! You can do this at redgage.com and readit.com here you submit links for people to see, and boy does it work wonders! Good luck to you as it looks like you've got everything else covered!!

working