jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Airport security

1. shamani67 profile image61
    shamani67posted 6 years ago

Airport security

Why is it that everytime I go through Airport security I get pulled over for a routine explosive test? Yet, my Husband can walk right on by without getting called in. I think it has a lot to do with eye contact. Let me know of your experiences.

2. suzettenaples profile image90
    suzettenaplesposted 6 years ago

Yes, I sometimes am the one pulled over.  I think it is just random choosing most of the time.  Whenever I travel on a one-way ticket, I am always pulled over and checked, because the 9/11 hijackers were all "traveling" on one-way tickets, and of course, now we know why.  And, yes, it could be eye contact or lack or eye contact.  Who knows?  Anyway, I don't mind being pulled over and checked.  I'd rather that than the alternative.

3. Jonesy0311 profile image59
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

When I was in the military, i always got pulled aside. I asked a TSA agent once why active-duty personnel always get checked to which he replied, "If anyone shows a military ID, we always search them because we know they will be compliant." Apparently, at the time they had to check a certain number of people within a certain timeframe and they selected the ones who didn't look like they would cause trouble. I haven't been pulled aside since I separated from the service. Probably becaue I stand in line and talk trash about what a joke Homeland Security is the entire time. You should see the look on the 19 year-old Gestapo-wannabes when you ask them to articulate reasonable suspicion or probable cause regarding why you should be subjected to a search.

4. shamani67 profile image61
    shamani67posted 6 years ago

Thanks Joneys0311. I love your answer.  So refreshing.
    Thanks also to Suzettenaples, your answer also makes great sense.