jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How long, on average, does it take you to write and publish a hub?

1. richardmohacsi profile image61
    richardmohacsiposted 6 years ago

How long, on average, does it take you to write and publish a hub?

Is 10 hours for each hub page excessive?

2. Pcunix profile image93
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I would say so.  I spend an hour or two at most.  Some very long or complicated hubs might consume four hours, but ten seems incredibly long to me.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image63
    Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago

Ten hours does seem excessively long. However, there is a learning curve for the mechanics of creating a hub using text, photos, videos, links. However, I update some of my hubs with additions on new developments that occur subsequent to the original publication. On some of those topics I've spent much more than 10 hours.

4. eric2112 profile image81
    eric2112posted 6 years ago

It really depends on what I write about. I try to stick with topics that I have a high interest in and also have a great deal of knowledge about. My average Hub takes approximately (I never really timed myself) 2 - 3 hours.

I will usually blow through the entire hub quickly and get a good outline completed and then go back and do my editing to make it more visually (and gramatically) appealing.

My topics are rather limited and I have always stayed within my comfort zone, so I have also slowed down quite a bit from when I first started.

I follow a few Hubbers that publish 4-5 Hubs per day which amazes me because they are very high quality hubs.

~E~

working