jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it worthwhile to take a course in SEO offered online by a votech with minimal

1. brakel2 profile image80
    brakel2posted 6 years ago

Is it worthwhile to take a course in SEO offered online by a votech with minimal cost? 6 wk course

Would it be too technical for someeone with beg to inter.skills? Has anyone taken it through ED2go?

2. Borsia profile image45
    Borsiaposted 6 years ago

I would say that it depends entirely on your skill level and what you are trying to do.
    To begin with I haven't taken their class on SEO but I have taken other classes from  ED2go and they were very well done.
    There is a tremendous amount that can be gleaned from the net for free. To some degree just searching it out will give you some idea of how SEO works.
    Go to any website that ranks high and look at the source code (in the menu bar View / source).
    You can see just what is there and how it is written.
    I think you need to have at least some knowledge of how HTML and the related codes work in order to understand SEO, but that is just my opinion.
    I would say that ED2go is probably going to offer a good class and it should say in the synopsis what skill level is appropriate.

3. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 6 years ago

Personally I would advise against it.  There are tons and tons of free material floating around in Internet, especially on SEO and so you might be wasting some precious $$.

I would advise to do it practically and learn - Baptism by fire.

4. capricornrising profile image62
    capricornrisingposted 6 years ago

I can't imagine paying for a class on this topic when Hubbers have shared so much of their own knowledge on the subject in Hubpages! I've learned an enormous amount just from browsing and searching within this community alone.