jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is Pinterest? How is it beneficial to us?

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image97
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

What is Pinterest? How is it beneficial to us?

I noticed a few of my hubs are being shared on Pinterest, even though I can't find them there when I look. Is this a good site to share our (or other) hubs?

2. That Grrl profile image69
    That Grrlposted 6 years ago

Pinterest is good for graphics/ illustrations mainly. It's a very visual sort of social network.

Take a look at Scoop.it and Snip.it for sharing links to articles. Scoop.it is getting commercial but Snip.it isn't (so far anyway).

3. ajaodegaard profile image60
    ajaodegaardposted 6 years ago

Pinterest is great! However it's more for images/visuals. Posting articles on there really isn't going to be a great option.

4. amy1oowho profile image58
    amy1oowhoposted 6 years ago

Pinterest is an image board site. People post pictures from websites with captions. It links back to the site (backlinks), so it's pretty good for getting traffic. You can pin your own pages to Pinterest by using a picture from them. I made a Hub talking about how to use Pinterest that you can read here: http://amy1oowho.hubpages.com/hub/How-t … h-Pictures

5. britishTV profile image59
    britishTVposted 6 years ago

I'm planning on building a house this year, so I use it primarily as my idea board for things I might want to include in the house.  My husband and I also throw parties so I like to pin hors d'oeurves that look worth trying.  I adore Pinterest.

6. profile image47
    CarolPTaylorposted 6 years ago

Loved it! I've had TONS more sales today than an average day! I've used pinterest to optimize my site and the result was amazing my site was jumped from #234 to #9 in few weeks time. The trick is we must got our website pinned and repinned by many people this is the hardest part. Most of pinterest users won't doing repin when they aren't like what we pinned. I do simple thing to outsource it on fiverr and got my site pinned by more than 70 people, I don't know how can he did it just search by typing pinterest on fiverr and you will find it.
    As I know currently pinterest is best for SEO for these reason:
    1. Once our website pinned it has 3 backlinks counts
    2. Google interest in social media signal so it will not tagged as links farm
    3. Currently pinterest links are dofollow even the image
    4. Also support anchor text, it's perfect for placing our keywords