jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Best social bookmarking site?

1. Emeraldgreen21 profile image68
    Emeraldgreen21posted 5 years ago

Best social bookmarking site?

I'm wondering which social bookmarking sites to add to my list to try and drive traffic to my Hubs. Any suggestions?

2. aa lite profile image92
    aa liteposted 5 years ago

Personally I use StumbleUpon, digg, reddit, pinterest, redgage and google+as well as Facebook.  Note that most of these only give you nofollow links, redgage and google+ being the exception.  However,  I think that is fine, I get some direct traffic from these sites and there is an argument that one should have nofollow links to make one's link profile "look natural", although I have always wondered about that, since the links are basically telling Google bots not to follow them to see what's at the other end, are they even indexed?  I don't think I ever see links from Facebook in my Google Webasters tools page.

I had great hopes for Pinterest because I heard it gave you dofollow links, and if you have good, original photographs on your sites, they will be re-pinned by other users, hence spreading the link.  I've recently found that Pinterest has now made the links nofollow, although I have heard that if you put a link in the description of your image, it will be dofollow. 

Another site that is very useful for some people, is LInkedIn.  It's not something that that I want to use, because I mostly associate it with businesses etc. but if you're sites are on the right topics it could be very useful.  I think the links are also dofollow.

A site that I have just started using, that gives you dofollow links, is tumblr.  Not strictly a social bookmarking site, it's a microblogging platform, but it gives people the chance to reblog your posts, which are usually very short, often a photo or a quote.  This again raises the possibility of a link, which is embedded in your blog, spreading to other users and creating multiple links for you.  The only big problem I've discovered with tumblr, is that it is completely addictive!  I find myself spending a lot of time on that site.

3. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

Backlinks are simply links TO your Hub FROM other places on the internet.  Backlinks are essential, but the rules have recently changed.  Get backlinks the wrong way, and you could do more harm than good! read more

4. CrescentSkies profile image87
    CrescentSkiesposted 5 years ago

There is no "best" but there are plenty of useful ones.

Digg, Stumbleupon, REddit, Pinterest, Redgage, Hi5, Delicious, Diigo, Multiply, Cuzo, Bookmark Portal, Oneview, Site Says, MySiteVote, Connotea, Share, Add Bookmark, Bonzo Box, BookmarkOrient, StartAid, Faves, LinkaGoGo

that should give you a good number.

working