jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Are there any other hubbers besides me who does not have Facebook and don't want

1. Jila777 profile image75
    Jila777posted 6 years ago

Are there any other hubbers besides me who does not have Facebook and don't want it?

I don't mind sharing information, tips, and advice with others, but I think it's ridiculous to put all my personal and private business out on the web. Nor do I care to know all about other people's private affairs. Whatever happen to being discreet?

2. rutley profile image75
    rutleyposted 6 years ago

No one in my family knows I'm a hubber and I do not do facebook!  Who cares if I washed my hair at three o'clock anyway!  Your not alone!

3. lukeuk profile image70
    lukeukposted 6 years ago

I totaly agree with you. I don't have an account, I never will.

4. Hestia DeVoto profile image59
    Hestia DeVotoposted 6 years ago

Not only do I not have an account on Facebook, I don't use Twitter either.  And either do any of the members of my immediate family.

5. alexatomas profile image65
    alexatomasposted 6 years ago

Despite everyone I know (even my grandma) having facebook, I do not have it. Nor Twitter. I did try to have it but I totally missed its point since I would only use it for the chat or the games.

6. nemanjaboskov profile image72
    nemanjaboskovposted 6 years ago

I used to ignore Facebook for a very long time.. However, I opened an account to keep in touch with a few members of my family who seem addicted to the damn thing. Since then, I've been using FB only to send messages to them, and I would gladly use email for this if they actually bothered to open it every once in a while smile

7. hawkdad73 profile image68
    hawkdad73posted 6 years ago

I have it and don't want it...but realize that I need it if I want to get my writing out there. It is, regrettably a useful marketing tool.  Try some of the preferences; you don't need to have notifications about when people make updates, for example.

8. teutophile profile image89
    teutophileposted 6 years ago

I'd only plan to use Facebook if it was for some business purpose.  Anything else seems a bit narcissistic to me.  There's such a thing as too much information!  And anyway, I'd worry about opportunities for criminal activity.  "I won't be home from 3 until 5 today . . ."

9. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 6 years ago

Well, Hello there, friend.....I do not have a FB account, never have and never will.  I do not use twitter, My Space, whatever else is out there...and believe it or not, I haven't yet died for lack of Social Networking.  The entire concept is one that I reject for myself, personally.  I see the popularity and the benefits it provides to those who are actively involved with all of them.  It is simply not for ME! 
    Sure, it limits my ability to "share" my work, but I'm fine with that.  In this world at this time, "privacy" is at a premium.  I happen to be an extremely private person who leads a peaceful & simplistic type of life. In my circle, I'm pretty sure I am the LONE creature "out here" surviving without being "plugged-in!" But, this is the way it shall stay.  Thanks for the question

working