Where do you think the Internet is heading?

1. sportgames profile image61
    sportgamesposted 6 years ago

Where do you think the Internet is heading?

Do you think that someone is going to control the Internet? Or do you think that it will be forever free? These SOPA thing made me think a little.

2. Digitskyes profile image75
    Digitskyesposted 6 years ago

Hmmm tricky question.
    I think it will always be VERY hard to control the internet, but there are better ways to approach the problem than are currently being used.

Security is not the right solution, freedom and tiny micro payments makes much more sense. That way the vast amount of users make up for the loss of physical sales.

But it also seems unlikely people will stop trying to exert control over the Net, and as technology improves it could become much less free in certain countries.
    Especially with the move towards cloud data, a fascist internet state would be a scary potential future, if you don't log in you don't eat hmm

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image96
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 6 years ago

We are witnessing one of the global transformations that will mark history the way Gutenberg and Bell did. But we are still evolving and having growing pains. The Internet appears to be poised to eclipse print media (already has in some cases), but we've lost our rudder in terms of real fact rather than opinion. Google's evil Demon Panda seems to be an effort to bring reality back on board. When that happens, if ever and however, it will likely be not only the center of commerce and news, it will be the virtual back porch and local neighborhood diner, where people gather to converse.

The difference from today will be that people will (I hope) know the distinction between real facts (news, real history) and personal opinion, gossip or other chat-based transactions. IMO.

working