jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does anyone know what is a good mobile phone?

1. profile image56
    shorty72posted 6 years ago

Does anyone know what is a good mobile phone?

I am getting to the end of my contract on my mobile phone and was just wondering what is the best brand of mobile phone is. I have had lost of suggestion but was hoping to narrow it down to two . hope you can help

2. Borsia profile image46
    Borsiaposted 6 years ago

I love my Samsung Blackjack. It isn't all that powerful but it is a smart phone and can run basic programs, I have translators and dictionaries in mine.
    It isn't too expensive so if it gets lost or stolen I'm not out $400+.

But it doesn't have GPS or mapping. I don't care about those things.

If you are going to travel make sure it uses a SIMM card and can be unlocked.

3. profile image0
    HubTubposted 6 years ago

I've used an iPhone for the last two years.  I wouldn't be without one.  Everything I could ever ask for, I have.  Just slap an Otterbox case on it and it makes the phone virtually indestructible.  I love being able to talk and surf at the same time.

I tried the Andriod OS but found it to be high maintenance.  There were just too many sub-menus, and I found it to be quite a resource hog.

4. Aikonia profile image85
    Aikoniaposted 5 years ago

You may have gotten your phone already - but if not there's only really two camps if you're getting into the smart phone arena. Apple or the Android smartphones. Right now - the day after the iPhone 5 release - I would say the best deal on the Apple side is undoubtedly the iPhone 4S - hands down. On the Android OS side it's a little harder to say and it depends on how you use your phone. I am lucky to get most of the latest phones to try out and I still stick to my trusty Samsung Galaxy Nexus unlocked even though it's been on the market for about 12 months approx. HW-wise the needle hasn't changed all that much for this device and the latest - ok, they have faster processor, better camera etc. BUT this puppy gets the latest OS updates directly from Google ate the most 2-days after Google announces updates whereas most of the other Android OS device manufacturers are lucky to provide the same update with in 3-6 months - which by then they are trying to sell you another one of their "latest" phone with the "latest" Android OS. Something to think about...if their's an OS update I do not want to have to update the phone to get it :-)

working