jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do we really need all this technology in our world right now?

1. ezhang profile image
    ezhangposted 6 years ago

Do we really need all this technology in our world right now?

We're surrounded by technology: computers, cell phones, television, etc. Do we really need all this, or is life better without it?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6106794_f260.jpg

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years ago

Many people have come to the conclusion that we are better off without it.  I grew up before computers even existed, and we all got along quite well in our lives without much technology.  Identity theft didn't exist and people socialized face to face.  Technology has sped things up, and that hasn't been so good.  It's also caused a lot of problems we could do without.  Good question!

3. whonunuwho profile image78
    whonunuwhoposted 6 years ago

I'm sure the first cave people may have well asked the same question after being burned by a strange new fire, that would later help them all better survive. As always, technology has its good side and bad. Better living conditions and easier access, bad impressions on our youth who may view games of violence too much, criminal activity enhancement, and world domination, in many ways, technology can be scary at times. For the most part, however, the more we have, the more advancement in our society is accomplished, and is for the good of all, in its final analysis.

4. Insane Mundane profile image61
    Insane Mundaneposted 6 years ago

The general public is generally kept 2 to 3+ decades behind, so if you think the common technology of today is unnecessariIy placed, you will be in for an even bigger surprise, later on...  In my opinion, when it gets to the point to where you are having "Man versus Machine" issues, is when it is a problem.  I notice that there are not very many people complaining about the medical versions of technological advances, now are they?

working