jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If you delete a post on your blog can you post it elsewhere such as hubpages? Du

1. Tams R profile image84
    Tams Rposted 6 years ago

If you delete a post on your blog can you post it elsewhere such as hubpages? Duplicate content?

Is this something you would consider? How long would it take the web caches to clear?

2. Buffoon profile image83
    Buffoonposted 6 years ago

You can, if you wait a prudential gap there to have your blog re-crawled so that the content has gone.

BTW:  'tis not about web cache, it's about crawiling and how often it's done

3. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

I would probably keep it on your blog and write a complementary article for hubpages that is unique and then link the two together.  It's backlinks and it will help with your overall traffic.

4. awordlover profile image84
    awordloverposted 6 years ago

I was flagged for duplicate content because I recycled one of my blog posts here to HP. I had to take down the blog post, wait 3 days for the crawlers to NOT detect it and then republished to HP with no problem.  If you want folks to find your blog, put the link in your profile, which is permitted.

5. profile image0
    DMartelonlineposted 6 years ago

I have moved content from "another site" to Hub Pages. What I do is this. First I copy all of the content into a Google Docs file - then I title it.  I then delete the content from "site 1".

The following day I check the content from the Google doc at http://www.dustball.com/cs/plagiarism.checker/ which is a free plagiarism checker. Once it "clears" dustball I then post it to Hub pages. It usually takes between 24 and 72 hours depending on where you are "moving" it from.

I do NOT do this with my blog however as I feel that I can get more "bang" for my buck by contributing a good Hub on the same title and linking it to my blog.