Do you think technology has been good for us and is good for our children?

1. CastleQueen profile image61
    CastleQueenposted 6 years ago

Do you think technology has been good for us and is good for our children?

I.e computers vs encyclopedia.  Calculators vs brain power

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

As with anything I think it has its pros and cons.  The pros - information is easier to access now than at any point in history.  It is easier to learn, to connect with others in places outside of one's own backyard etc.  Knowledge literally just a second away.

The cons - I believe texting and tweeting is ruining the ability of young people to write well and communicate effectively.  I read things in advanced English classes written by college kids fresh out of high school and I cringe.  It is barely understandable, loaded with spelling and grammar errors etc. 

Cyber bullying would be another drawback.  Kids carry cruelty over onto the internet and there have been several cases of kids pushed to suicide because of the non-stop barrage of abuse.

3. Catzgendron profile image72
    Catzgendronposted 6 years ago

Though it does give them some advantages it is detrematel to their ability to research abilities and use of their imaganation.  Can you imagine what they would do if a high school or college wanted them to prepare a term or research paper without using the computer.  They would be totally lost.

working