jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How can you change your Facebook page name? How difficult is it to do?

1. WryLilt profile image91
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

How can you change your Facebook page name? How difficult is it to do?

With the new timeline option, Facebook now allows you to submit a "Change of Name Request" for your page. Has anyone tried this? Is it difficult to get the name changed?

2. Paulius profile image68
    Pauliusposted 5 years ago

Depends... how many "likes" you got ?
    If it's less than 100 just edit it... if it's more than 100 you're out of luck.

This is straight from facebook help page :

3. lorlie6 profile image82
    lorlie6posted 5 years ago

Hi Wry!  I'd sure like to know the answer to this question because my account has been disabled on FB.  "They" say I've violated some regulations, but they won't tell me which regulation it is that's so offensive or against the rules.  I'd be happy to know their reasoning so that I could try to remedy it, but they refuse to write me again or explain themselves.  No warning, either.
    Let me know if you think this "Change of Name Request" might help!  I do know it's against their policy to try to get a new account using a ficticious name, etc.
    Thanks for the question even though it's not exactly the answer you were expecting! wink

4. Cas Merchant profile image59
    Cas Merchantposted 5 years ago

I tried to do this (I had 4 profiles) and you can't merge them, so I deleted them all and opened a new page under a different name. The only thing is, you have to send out all new friend requests, because there's no way to transfer them. its the only thing that worked for me...