Once out of warranty, what are the pros and cons of "jailbreaking" an iPhone 4?

1. petenali profile image84
    petenaliposted 6 years ago

Once out of warranty, what are the pros and cons of "jailbreaking" an iPhone 4?

I didn't want to void my Apple warranty, but am intrigued by the whole jailbreaking thing.  Would value any opinions from those who have done it.

2. mknollman profile image60
    mknollmanposted 6 years ago

If you are no longer worried about warranty service there really is no downside as long as you READ and REREAD the instructions. 

As far as I am concerned even under warranty the benefits to jailbreaking outweigh the risks - but really what you need to consider is - what do you want to do that requires jailbreak? 

Do not worry about the laundry list that other people are doing - just consider what you will use.

3. Mattoaks profile image60
    Mattoaksposted 6 years ago

I agree with the previous commenter.  Jailbreaking has been made super easy these days, and there is so much that can be done with it.  Just make sure you are doing it for the right reasons, not just to say you jailbroke you iphone.

I'm willing to bet that once you do it, you will find a ton of reasons you want to keep it jailbroken. 

Caution: It can get confusing once you get going, so be patient, don't panic, and read read read instructions before starting.  Here's a link to someone I have been following for years.

http://tysiphonehelp.com/

Hope this helps!

working