How many twitter followers do you need to get a decent amount of traffic from Tw

1. sonykkid profile image60
    sonykkidposted 5 years ago

How many twitter followers do you need to get a decent amount of traffic from Twitter?

2. Laustk profile image38
    Laustkposted 5 years ago

Hi Sonykkid

That certainly depends. I have one Twitter account with around 11.500 followers where I have just followed and refollowed everybody... Haven't used the account for much more than automatically post my updates... Basicly make no traffic on that one...
    I also have another extremely targetted twitter account with around 1.500 followers that I use for posting new articles and once in a while make comments on my followers posts... I get a decent amount of traffic from that one. So basicly you don't need that many followers to get a decent traffic. Instead you should target who you follow and engage in their tweets. I certainly could be better myself to engage in my followers tweets... But guess we all wish to do better at something ;-)

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image99
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

I do not know the answer to this question - as I get few page views from Twitter.

I DO think it is important to realize something about Twitter and Google though, and that is this:  Having a lot of Twitter followers is great - but if you follow as many people as you have followers (or follow more than people than are following you) - then Google DEVALUES your twitter links.

If you have a thousand followers and only follow fifty people - in that kind of instance Google pays a lot more attention and weighs your twitter links with a lot more respect.

I merely thought that information might be useful here to anyone that reads it.

working