jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you adjust your SEO strategy and methods after the last Google update?

1. Laustk profile image35
    Laustkposted 5 years ago

How do you adjust your SEO strategy and methods after the last Google update?

I have seen so many SEO experts panic lately after the new google update -  that apparently should have killed the private blog networks! I don't panic - I adjust!
    But it is naturally always a big question what adjustments are best now, and what should actually be adjusted. Is it all networks who got lowered in juice value? Is this the empowerment of alternative SEO tactics like getting more and more juice from the social medias? Does the new updates mean that Google has decreased the value of off-page optimization or has it just restructered?

How have you adjusted your SEO efforts? Why? How?

2. m0rd0r profile image72
    m0rd0rposted 5 years ago

I never tried to buy links and never asked for anyone to add me in their blog-roll.

Left the things to mature naturally.

The only thing I've done manually is to obtain 17 (seventeen( links from Yahoo! Answers in the past, when I was reading dozens of BS about blogging and SEO.

Now I just focus on writing.

If anyone likes my work and shares or plus-one's - I am happy I did it naturally.

If not - then I am writing lousy articles and I focus on more quality.

It's a dog's world and I don't want to compete with the big hounds.

3. quickbooker profile image62
    quickbookerposted 5 years ago

I am happy with my quality work in content! Today, Content is the Super King. I do research some good articles or participation or blogs websites then try to provide them good quality articles or engaging shares or comments which is helping me to go in natural way of attaining quality links for my website. I don't worry about my back-links numbers...... but emphasis on interaction, building personal relations, content quality and engagement activities on platforms such as FB, linkedin, pinterest and hubpages.smile This whole sum up "Google Updates"!

Don't Over-Optimize but Focus on Optimization.....

4. Teresa Schultz profile image78
    Teresa Schultzposted 5 years ago

No, I have not adjusted my SEO efforts on my own sites. Why not? None of the Google updates have affected my positions in the natural search results at all. How is this so? I don't know - what I do know is that I've stuck to old-fashioned "content is king" and a bit of keyword research for ensuring I use words in my articles that are of interest to people (that people actually use in their search phrases when looking for info on the Internet). I don't know if it will keep working for me long into the future, but I'm not changing anything until the time that it no longer works for me.

5. profile image56
    wbapartnerposted 5 years ago

I wasn't heavily dependent on those private networks. I had been doing article marketing, forum marketing and i am having reasonable success, atleast for not so competitive keywords. Now, after this Google update, if at all i choose to get links from private network, then it is going to be from my own private network. I don't think it is too difficult to create one. It is just that you shouldn't be too bothered about site PR initially, especially when your budget is low.