jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How can you find internet web pages once they've been deleted?

1. Doctor Kristy profile image90
    Doctor Kristyposted 5 years ago

How can you find internet web pages once they've been deleted?

I found a web page that was absolutely hilarious, but said some negative things about a school and I think they made her take it down.

Is there any way to see it again, through cached pages or anything like that? What are the best methods to try? I don't know the address it was at, just a general description.
    I last accessed it 3 months ago, so it's been deleted somewhere in that timeframe

2. phil2580 profile image60
    phil2580posted 5 years ago

If it has been cached by Google, you may still find it on their search results, but you may have to be very specific about the search terms.

3. iefox5 profile image57
    iefox5posted 5 years ago

As phil2580 said, you may find the deleted pages in Google cached.

4. kristyleann profile image60
    kristyleannposted 5 years ago

I know sometimes I search for things on google and the page I'm looking for comes up but when I click it its no longer there. But if you can remember something that was said on the site (a certain phrase or something like that) you might be able to type it into google and see if anything comes up. That might be a way to figure out what address it was at...

And then if you figure out the address you might try typing it into http://archive.org/web/web.php This site sometimes stores older versions of websites (even ones that have been taken down).

I hope you can find what you're looking for. Good luck.