jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What upload speed should I get on a 4mb ADSL connection?

1. Emeraldgreen21 profile image70
    Emeraldgreen21posted 6 years ago

What upload speed should I get on a 4mb ADSL connection?

I've recently upgraded my adsl connection so that I can apply for an online job. The problem is that I need at least 512kbps upload speed.  I've upgraded my connection from 1mb to 4mb and I'm still getting only 200kbps upload speed. Is this normal?

2. skear profile image95
    skearposted 6 years ago

You'll have to check with your provider to determine what the upload speed should be for your connection.

ADSL is asymmetric which means that the upload and download speeds are not the same (synchronized).  The internet provider will assign a separate download and upload speed to your modem based on the plan that you have subscribed to. 

Typical the upload speed is signification slower than the rated download speed.

3. receivetipstricks profile image78
    receivetipstricksposted 4 years ago

hello there , this is very common Qs among the adsl connection user,
    I had the same problem when i switch to adsl connection this is what i found.

Yes In most of the cases it is normal for adsl connection to have slow upload speed because the isp assumes that most users send downloading req more (browsing) than uploading and isp have to send both voice signal for telephone and internet signal in the same line with fix bandwidth.

I have 2 mb/s bsnl broadband connection where my downloading speed is 200kb/s but uploading is only 50-60 kb/s.

hope this helps

4. profile image50
    mingleeposted 3 years ago

depends on the isp or internet service provider. some isp provide higher or equal upload speed to download speed, most provide low upload speed comnpared to download speed.

http://www.verizon.com/home/fios-fastest-internet/

working