How do these three compare - Android, Windows or IOS? Which is the most user fri

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)
  1. alexandriaruthk profile image69
    alexandriaruthkposted 12 years ago

How do these three compare - Android, Windows or IOS? Which is the most user friendly?

These three operating systems (OS) used in smartphones or cellphones are competing with each other. Which one do you prefer and why? What are the differences and characteristics of the three OS?

2. carman58 profile image68
    carman58posted 12 years ago

I use Windows phone , because I am a Nokia fan. I have used Andoid because I'm a mobile phone fan, I have never owned an iPhone because I am not an Apple fan. Of the three, Android is probably the most customisable and more appealing to people who like to tinker with there phones, the other two are more user friendly, and easier for a new user to get used to quickly. I've found WP very quick and stable, it has a great web and email experience and all the apps I need, objectively, if you want the largest selection of applications iOS is still king, however I don't know anyone who needs half a million apps ? Also I'm finding larger screens much more appealing, and despite it's high res screen, the sixe of the iPhone at 3.5" is too small for me to enjoy. Guess the real answer is, that the OS that fulfills your requirements best, is the best one for you to use smile

3. Khal Blogo profile image60
    Khal Blogoposted 12 years ago

From a gamer's perspective, i can tell you that iOs has the best games. Hope this helps...

1. profile image52
      vincentwansinkposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That is now changing as more and more XBox games are being released for winPhone 8.  Just last week I downloaded four of the best games I've ever seen on a phone and they are all XBox games, which means they are not available on iOS or Android.

4. Aikonia profile image80
    Aikoniaposted 11 years ago

Uhm...which is the most user friendly? That depends a little on how tech savy the user is ;-)?Having used all three for extended periods of time as an every day phone and testing them in work and play situations - I have to take a BIG step back and think - uhm, "user friendly!!" Here's my ranking in reverse order. 3) Windows Phone - after the Live Tiles it gets really confusing. The apps are in alphabetical order and not customizable but searchable. Inside settings/apps you swipe between screens with nothing to indicate the start or end screen. Still lots of room for improvement a solid 3rd place and keep your eyes on this OS. 2) Android OS 4.1.1 a.k.a. Jelly Bean - Sweet OS!! No pun intended. Very polished and smooth UI and the apps have improved heaps in terms of stability and overall quality with excellent graphics and memory management. Very much on par with iOS BUT still some geeky-ness to it in terms of how to set things up e.g. connectivity to wifi, BT, NFC. Winner, but not by much, 1st place is still iOS. Leading still by a narrow lead is iOS on iPhone and iPod Touch and iPad. Virtually identical UI to Android OS 4.1 BUT a lot of connectivity features are automagically taken care of for you and things that you don't even think about are done for you like recognizing previously wifi networks etc. Android is catching on as mentioned. There is very little or very deep menu structures and the "control" of the settings menu keeps things in one location and everything in one place that as a user you just need to know once if that. Everything just works!! Media content is handled for you via iTunes even the software updates via iTunes. Some call it Apple's control but I think for the average user and giving best user friendliness Apple has done a great job at allowing you to take care of the things you want to access and Apple taken care of the technology side so you don't need to think about it - so much ;-)

5. profile image52
    vincentwansinkposted 10 years ago

I love my windows phone but I'll try to be subjective in my answer.

I used to use Android (and loved it) but the newer versions of it have become increasingly more complicated.  I'm a techie and even trying to figure out how to put a shortcut to an email account on the home screen was painful when I tried to help my friend with her new Samsung recently.  I don't know if that says more about me or the operating system, but in the earlier versions of Android it was truly a lot simpler.

I have never owned an iPhone but have used them enough to know how they work.

As of today I have to say without a doubt that Windows phone is the easiest to use.  Granted, it is an immature OS and is still missing some simple features that the others already have, but the basic architecture of it is such that it is a treat to use and makes those missing features worth waiting for.

I love that the apps are listed alphabetically although I'm sure that some people may prefer to organize their own apps in groups or whatever.  I love how easy it is to pin stuff (not just apps, but also contacts, email accounts and web pages) to the home page.  I also love the live tiles and if the developer did a good job they can display lots of useful information.  I also love that no matter what you do to it, in terms of customization, it always looks tidy and organized.  I also love the horizontal swiping in apps to get to the next page and how they make it obvious what's on the next page by showing a sliver of it on the current page.  It is truly a really intuitive interface.

To summarize, the OS design is far better than that of iOS and especially Android, but it is still at least one major update short of some must have features.    You have to decide what's more important.  A mature OS that is easy to use but limited by its basic architecture (iOS), or a mature and powerful OS that requires a lot of customization (Android) or an innovative immature OS that is ready to go out of the box and has the most potential for greatness (winPhone).

6. Rafa Baxa profile image77
    Rafa Baxaposted 7 years ago

I've been using android for five years now, and recently I have started using an iphone thanks to my new job.

One of the key difference I noticed is that Android allows everything to be changed. So if you want, you can get rid of the entire software it came preinstalled with and install everything from scratch from the huge collection of firmware available. And the difference between each and every phone is very obvious.

IPhone, in my opinion, seems just like a holder for apps. It's way more app focused than android, and hardly allows any modifications to the homescreen, so you may find everyone having an iphone having a similar homescreen which is not the case in android. It definitely gives a smoother experience though, but then there's the case of the 'touch disease' spreading among the new devices. But I see now why anyone who uses the phone solely for the apps may prefer the iPhone.

As for the Windows phone, the glaring lack of apps keeps me away from even trying it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)