jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What Are The Best Kinds Of Computers For Video Editing?

1. PhoenixV profile image71
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

What Are The Best Kinds Of Computers For Video Editing?

What is the best computer for video editing?

2. katyzzz profile image59
    katyzzzposted 5 years ago

I really don't know but I suspect an apple Mac renowned for their superior graphics.  No much help I know, but an answer is better than none in my book.

Hope you get some other replies

3. Manna in the wild profile image69
    Manna in the wildposted 5 years ago

You want to be able to read large files serially very fast - so a computer with a large fast disk that spins quickly and gives a rapid serial transfer rate would be good. It also needs a reasonable amount of memory, and a fast CPU with dual or quad core. You also need a speedy graphics processing unit. Video takes a lot of space so you will also need an easy way to back up to tape if you do a lot of it. It's easy to fill a 1TB drive with video data. Minimum 500W power supply -- good quality.

You could also use a colour monitor that is designed for artwork so it will display the colours correctly.

Your best bet is to search for turnkey NLE solutions (NLE stands for Non Linear Editing), turnkey means that it's custom designed and ready to go upon purchase.

Go to bit.ly/JY1pQn for example and get much more detail.

4. leakeem profile image80
    leakeemposted 5 years ago

Workstation Computers are the Best! But you can do with desktop computers. Maybe you mean what is the best specification?
    Get the fastest processors and best video cards.
    intel core i7 L3 Cache
    8Gb RAM or more
    Solid State Drives
    Large, very large Dispaly
    the latest graphics card - video programs use this for faster preview rendering like Adobe AE.
    You can google for the latest specs - that would give you an idea of what to look for.