jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are you nomophobic, addicted to your cellphone?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image76
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

Are you nomophobic, addicted to your cellphone?

There were some recent researches conducted that most people are cellphone addicts. However we can't disregard the usefulness of cellphones. Some  of the signs are : always checking it, spend more on accessories, spend sizable cellphone bill, can't function well without it and many more.Cell phones however is very useful in today's society. 

What are the negative and positive consequences of it? Do you think the advantages of it outweighs the negative consequences of depending so much on it?

2. mr williams profile image47
    mr williamsposted 5 years ago

Yes  I am addicted to my cellphone. Most activities i use it for are business related so my + outweigh the -. This comment was written from my android lol

3. sangre profile image95
    sangreposted 5 years ago

So not one of these people. I have a cellphone for others to be able to contact me.

If I never had one, I wouldn't be bothered. I might check it 3-4 times a day unless I know someone was going to be contacting me, then maybe more. Usually people know my hours, so they just call me when I get home, or we meet up for lunch.

4. ptosis profile image74
    ptosisposted 5 years ago

Nomophobia is the fear of losing your cell phone. I think everyone fears losing such an expensive piece of equipment and loss of a security net when in trouble.

5. TheLifeExperiment profile image56
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

No, but I know so many people who are! I can barely stand to be around one of my best friends when she has her cell, she is always texting 4-7 people at once and can't even pay attention to what's going on around her!

working