How do you decide if a blog is worth guest blogging for?

1. rmcleve profile image79
    rmcleveposted 5 years ago

How do you decide if a blog is worth guest blogging for?

I found a few guest blogs to write for, but am having a hard time deciding if one is legitimate enough to send my own hand-crafted, highly inspected articles. After reading a few other posts, I saw many that were strangely worded and not very high quality, but there were also a few good ones.

My usual response is to make my own niche website if I get too excited about an idea and am able to list out pages of outlined topics. That's great, but the point is to guest blog...how do I do that?

2. profile image0
    Bobbeachamposted 5 years ago

If in doubt - leave it. Some commentators are saying that the latest Google update (Penguin) is actually penalizing low-quality links. Not just ignoring them but actually downgrading your site because of them. Definitely not worth the risk.

There are plenty of good blogs that will take your posts but if you're short, have you tried Blogger Link Up? http://www.bloggerlinkup.com/

1. teaches12345 profile image95
      teaches12345posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good advice, and one that I will have to look into on the blog links.  I would agree that you must do your research on the blog connections/guest writing.  Your writing is a reflection of who you are, low quality links may do some damage.

working