jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

A respected website is now listed as Malicious. What should I do?

1. GmaGoldie profile image79
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

A respected website is now listed as Malicious. What should I do?

One of my favorite topics is jackiesjewelry. I have been privileged to speak with Mr. Katz and his wife.  I admire Mr. Katz tremendously and trust both he and his wife. Yet one of my hubs I have had to un-publish because it is listed as "malicous". I must wonder if this is either a mistake, or an attack from an outside source.

What should I do? Call him and explain the error code I just received?  I have waited 24 hours to see if this would resolve itself.

To be a jewelry retailer and have your website noted as malicious is very costly - it is unjust and unfair - I don't understand this.

2. Doctor Kristy profile image90
    Doctor Kristyposted 5 years ago

Don't visit the website. While you may know the owner, it's possible that the website has been hacked and may damage your computer.

If you are friends with the owner, by all means contact them to let them know of the error... they may already know, and may be able to enlighten you a bit more as to the situation, and what's being done to rectify it.

3. katyzzz profile image59
    katyzzzposted 5 years ago

Doctor Kristy seems to have summed things up well.  Good luck

4. hhelen profile image61
    hhelenposted 5 years ago

Like someone has already said above, make sure your computer is not infected as well. I would scan my system for any malware and update my anti-virus. Sometimes, these thing could be false positive, so updating your anti-virus is very important. Again, try using a computer from a local library to see if you get the same message.

If however, you still receive the same message, by all means alert the owner to it. That way they will be able to check if any recent updates have introduced some malware into their website.

But whatever the resolution, please let us know.
    Good luck

5. ThussaysNanaMarie profile image74
    ThussaysNanaMarieposted 5 years ago

Challenge it! There has to be an explanation given.

6. CoauthorU profile image77
    CoauthorUposted 5 years ago

I had "copied and pasted" my own material from Facebook and Hubpages "unpublished" my Hub because somehow they knew it had been C & P 'd .

I emailed them a description of what had occurred and that it was my own material and they reversed themselves. They make mistakes, bring your issue to their attention and they may do the same.

working