jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

On Facebook what is the true purpose of the 'Like' button?

1. AEvans profile image79
    AEvansposted 5 years ago

On Facebook what is the true purpose of the 'Like' button?

All of us click the 'Like' button on Facebook; but what are we gaining from this thumbs up?  What are we generating to FB?  What is your reason for clicking the 'Like' button?

2. profile image0
    Jade0215posted 5 years ago

I guess it's just for people that don't feel like commenting or posting one word to say that they like what that person had to say. It's just easy, a click of the button.

3. Sethughes profile image93
    Sethughesposted 5 years ago

I think it is a way for us to acknowledge something we agree with or find humorous when we really dont have anything to say about it. I love watching particular movies but I really have nothing to say after watching them other than I liked it.

I don't know that we really gain anything from it. Well, in the case of liking a company, we may be given particular coupons or deals. Other than that, I see not true benefit other than just fun and sociability.

4. Mittalmailbox profile image71
    Mittalmailboxposted 5 years ago

It can be clicked anywhere if you liked any content/page. Facebook told developers to stop using like button and use Share button instead. But it is quite popular till now all over the internet.

1. freecampingaussie profile image61
      freecampingaussieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It is nice to have people like your photos etc but I find it annoying when someone is bored and click like on all your photos , - you get 30 notifications & all it is 1 person- 30 likes !

5. TrevorBasile profile image58
    TrevorBasileposted 5 years ago

its to show you agree or like what the person is saying. I think facebook should add a dislike button too. So when people continue to post the most annoying thing you can hit dislike!

6. roxygurl464 profile image60
    roxygurl464posted 5 years ago

I think the "Like" button is a great way to show your interest in someone's post.  It's also a great way to follow your favorite fan pages for updates!

7. abu-murad profile image58
    abu-muradposted 5 years ago

I think this will help to build future search engine of facebook which will work like back links..of websites

working