jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

How long does it take to get a Pinterest invite?

1. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

How long does it take to get a Pinterest invite?

I have been waiting over a week so far. How much longer will it take?

2. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why do you need an invite to join Pinterest?

1. peeples profile image94
      peeplesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Not a dumb question. Apparently they are only allowing new sign ups to join when recieving an invite either from another pinner or from them. I am waiting on one from them after submitting my email to them.

2. Haunty profile image84
      Hauntyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Could you please check again? I don't think they are invite-only any more.
      Anyway, if you still can't join, I will invite you. Just send me a message via the contact form.

3. peeples profile image94
      peeplesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I checked today. Even got a nice "While you are waiting look at these pics" email from them. Their page still says "request an invite" on it. Thank you I will take you up on that shortly!

3. CriticalMessage profile image79
    CriticalMessageposted 5 years ago

I just received mine yesterday.
    It is not much of an invite. More simply, a link to their sign-up and e-mail address verifying routine.

Which is what they should have sent it out in the 1st place. Maybe their marketing plan is telling them to come off as 'special'..

Just a senseless process for me so far. With today being the day where I am actually setting up the account.

Account gets set up.
    User ID and Password established and accepted.
    e-mail address verified.

And it takes me to their site where it sits there forever. 3 attempts in 4 hours and I am still seeing a screen that tells me that it is "Building The Feed"...

They have themselves some pretty slow builders there.

4. tammyswallow profile image95
    tammyswallowposted 5 years ago

It took me three weeks to get mine. In the meanwhile, you can always get a friend who has an account to send you one instantly. If you need one, send me your email and I will email one to you.

5. iefox5 profile image57
    iefox5posted 5 years ago

I remember I got Pinterest invite within hours after my applying.

6. EFranz13 profile image40
    EFranz13posted 5 years ago

Try clicking on the LOGIN button instead of "Request an Invite".  This should allow you to login to Pinterest with your Facebook or LinkedIn accounts. Let me know if it works for you.  smile

Closed to reply

working