jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Will windows 8 be a success ? Why ?

1. itsvssudheesh profile image59
    itsvssudheeshposted 5 years ago

Will windows 8 be a success ? Why ?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6874546_f260.jpg

2. howlermunkey profile image91
    howlermunkeyposted 5 years ago

I've been beta testing and I'm not sure I like it, but that doesnt mean it wont be a success. It doesn't feel like a desktop, I feel like Im on a tablet, which is the look they are going for. I like to know I'm on a desktop, .....when I'm on a desktop. Sometimes "pretty" means less functional, and as these windows OS's progress, they are getting more "pretty". It could just be the case that I don't know how to tweak it yet. Specifically I don't like the interface that comes up when you turn the laptop on, I would rather go straight to my desktop. There is a tweak for this I'm sure, Ill have to dig deeper before I pass final judgement, but I will say that Windows 8 is WAY different. They are taking a risk in my opinion.

3. Jasroz profile image61
    Jasrozposted 5 years ago

Yes, I think Windows 8 will be a huge success. It offers a whole new windows experience and user interface. The software's now have an app-like structure making them a lot faster, especially Internet Explorer 10 (i'm using windows 8 now and all I use is the IE10, its that fast!)  and the desktop functionality is totally different, so its like using you're phone or tablet on a pc. The beta version was up for download on Microsoft's website so you can test it out yourself if it's still available. I also did a detailed review of Windows 8 on one of my pages as well, it also includes a direct link to the free beta download from Microsoft, so if you want, you can check that out smile

4. Torleydajakosh profile image48
    Torleydajakoshposted 5 years ago

In my opinion, no. The Metro- interface is very confusing, even after a while of using it. Pretty much everyone I know from all kinds of age ranges, hate the metro interface. I myself don't 'hate' it, but I certainly don't like it. Sure Win8 is faster and lighter than 7, but I still don't think it's going to be a success. It may be a success in the tablet market, tho.

working