jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Windows 7 vs. Windows 8?

1. jaydawg808 profile image90
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

Windows 7 vs. Windows 8?

Any pros & cons?

2. Thief12 profile image91
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

The Windows 8 interface might take some time getting used to. Especially if you're used to the XP/Vista/7 environment. Also, if you're on a desktop/laptop, you might find that Microsoft catered a bit more to the tablet/touchscreen market with Windows 8 than they did to the regular PC/laptop/mouse market. I still haven't used the new Windows 8.1, so I don't know what changes that one might bring.

To me, Windows 7 is probably the strongest Windows version so far. Maybe even better than XP and 98. That said, I don't have any harsh dislike towards 8.

3. josters profile image79
    jostersposted 4 years ago

As Thief12 says, Windows 8 is designed to be used on a tablet. I just recently bought a new laptop with Windows 8 built in and I couldn't work with it. If you are using it on a desktop pc it's going to be a lot harder to navigate and complete certain tasks than doing it with a touchscreen.
    Windows 8 takes a huge step away from the classic pc concept, so if you are fine with that and maybe already using a tablet, just go for it.
    If you'll have to do a lot of work-related tasks, then I'd recommend using Windows 7 as it is just more established in companies.

4. profile image0
    bfilipekposted 4 years ago

I've used Win 8 for more than half a year and it is great! Not problems with installation, or with working. For me it it even more stable as Seven and works faster.
    One drawback is the UI: I needed some time to familiarize with that.

Win7 booted more than 1.5 minute... now I need 20...25 second to have my desktop ready (no hardware changes)