jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Are interactions on the Internet socializing and are Internet-only relationships

1. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 5 years ago

Are interactions on the Internet socializing and are Internet-only relationships true relationships?

Most of my discussions with people on the Internet have more depth and meaning and relevance than any interactions I've had with people in the town, or even country, I live. Noticeably, what I talk about on the Internet is more interesting to and gets more attention from people outside of my own country. It seems to me the Internet provides a forum which would not have been possible even 10 years ago; it has opened the door for more interactions between people globally and those who might have been isolated in their own circumstances are able to expand their social world.

2. prospectboy profile image89
    prospectboyposted 5 years ago

I definitely see Internet socializing as socializing. It very well may be impersonal, but it's still corresponding with others. As far as the relationships go, I think a lot of it depends on how often and what you discuss with others online. Of course if you've been corresponding with someone online for years, I think it's safe to say that is a relationship.

1. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I very much agree with you on that; on the Internet there is communication, understanding, learning, etc. It's relationship.

3. Beata Stasak profile image82
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

It is a different and new type of relationship, that is slowly taking over our lives. It has different form, shape and distance we are used to, but I believe it is an important type of relationship for our busy and new age. If we manage to 'let our door open' for all those different types of relationships: traditional eye to eye and ear to ear, intimate skin to skin, based on written correspondence only etc...and the most importantly we will learn to distinghuish them and appreciate their differences and similarities then our lives become much more richer:)

working