jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Is ok to use someone else's ezine article without paying for it?

1. davenstan profile image73
    davenstanposted 5 years ago

Is ok to use someone else's ezine article without paying for it?

I was wondering if using exonerate articles would be considered duplicate content on your site even if you put a backlink to the author's site. I read a blog post that said it was perfectly ok to use someone else's exonerate article without paying.

2. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

No this is not ok and it is penalized.  At one point article sharing was done widely - where you just kept the authors byline in tact etc. as you stated.  I would definitely not "repurpose" an article on HP (duplicate content), and with your own website you risk a google slap if the article has been published in several places already. 

If you published excerpts maybe and quoted the article within your own content, that could be ok, but I definitely wouldn't publish it on your site.

davenstanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sorry I meant ezine

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Google penalizes now for any duplicated content, so whether you pay or not it's a bad idea that will hurt your website.

Plagiarism is when you steal someone else's content and present it as your own.  Taking content, even if you include the author's name and/or a backlink, is theft.

davenstanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I thought so! This person should go back and delete their suggestion on their blog. Thanks for answering.

working