jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How do you make Google AdSense work on your blog?

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

How do you make Google AdSense work on your blog?

My blog is a Google (blogspot.com) blog, and I have tried numerous times to install the AdSense code.  When I try to look up activity in the AdSense stats, I get a "not activated" message. In spite of carefully following ALL the steps, this continues to be the case. 
    What???  Google's AdSense not compatible with its own (blog) product???  I have been trying to do that since well before I had AdSense here on HP, so I know it's a different ID code...
    Their so-called "FAQ's" and "help" are as useless as (pardon the expression), 'tits on a board!'

2. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Do you have a privacy policy on the blog? I have heard people's ads do not appear on blogs until they do.

DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Not sure--I'll have to check for that...thanks for the suggestion.

3. Rebecca2904 profile image78
    Rebecca2904posted 5 years ago

Hmm, I'm not sure, because I didn't have a problem with it. The only thing I can think of is making sure you've set up some ad spaces on your blog, maybe if you haven't done that already it won't work. Also, when I started using AdSense for my blog I got an e-mail from them to confirm it was me who had done it, so you probably did too. I'm sure you have already, but maybe double-check to make sure you've authorised it. If you didn't get an e-mail from them, it might be because it works differently in different countries (though I doubt it) or it might have been sent to your spam folder?

DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I did get all of the confirmations and set-up instructions.  It just failed to work.  I'm in the USA...it should work...I'm not in a different country than Google's home base...

Closed to reply

working