jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you own a computer that is three years old or older?

1. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

Do you own a computer that is three years old or older?

I was just wonder if any one own an old computer because someone told me that most computer only last three years.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

The laptop I'm using to write this is over 5 years old. I've had it serviced twice over that period of time because of virus attacks.

3. point2make profile image80
    point2makeposted 5 years ago

I have a five year old desktop. It does act it's age from time to time but I think of it as my energizer bunny......it just keep going and going and going.!

4. CWanamaker profile image97
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

My desktop computer is about 4 years old. I have had to replace the power supply on it twice now.  Other than that, it works great and is still fairly fast.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I believe my Mac is just under 3 years old.  I've had computers last longer than 3 years. I have a laptop that is about 6 years old I think and I still have an old desktop Dell downstairs that is 10 years old (no one uses it though - we have newer computers :-)

6. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Yes, the computer I use every day older than 3 years, it was the latest thing when Vista was launched in the UK.

7. mismazda profile image60
    mismazdaposted 5 years ago

Yes, this one that I use everyday is 7 years old. Its a little slow, but it gets the job done. Its all about keeping your computer updated and virus free, it will last for a long time, it just depend on what are you using it for...typing, surfing, downloading...but if you take care of it, it can last longer than 3 yrs.