jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Do you check your emails using a web browser or an email client software?

1. BlissfulWriter profile image71
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

Do you check your emails using a web browser or an email client software?

2. anuws profile image59
    anuwsposted 5 years ago

I check my personal emails using a web browser. but for official emails, use email client software.

3. stanwshura profile image73
    stanwshuraposted 5 years ago

I assume a web browser.  But I would love a description (contextual and in lay terminology, pretty please) of this "email client software" product/program/whatever...   Thanks.  Thought-provoking question - for me, anyway! wink

1. Anti-Valentine profile image98
      Anti-Valentineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Email client software is something like Microsoft Outlook, or Mozilla Thunderbird where you download email to your harddrive.

4. peacockct profile image72
    peacockctposted 5 years ago

I only use a web browser on my computer.  I'm a gmail user and their online interface is great.  I like to keep my laptop running in good shape so I avoid the desktop software.  It downloads your emails and attachments and takes up unnecessary space, in my opinion.  I'm already using a web browser on my computer so it takes no extra effort to keep a gmail tab open.

5. sanoopait profile image37
    sanoopaitposted 5 years ago

There are many many email client programme available  on the net.You can use mozilla thuderbird or windows live mail as a email client.

6. profile image55
    gautams1posted 5 years ago

I use a web browser to access my email. I like having the ability to access my email from anywhere. I imagine for mobile it would be an app to access your email. Great question.

7. theroguereviewer profile image59
    theroguereviewerposted 5 years ago

I either check it using the email app on my Android phone, or if I'm at home, using a web browser (Google Chrome)

8. brakel2 profile image83
    brakel2posted 5 years ago

I use MIcrosoft Outlook on PC downloaded from Cox Webmail. On IPhone. I use gmail.

9. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

When I am working at home (or in my case trying to find work) I use an e-mail client. For years at my office, I used a program called GroupWise. It was a Novell product and only works on their servers. It was a great program. It was like having a client and web mail in one, because it had the flexibility of an e-mail client, but all the e-mail was on an offsite server, in a bunker that had backup generators and internet connections.

Today, at home, I use Outlook to check my Gmail and by ISP mail. On the road or vacation, I use my Blackberry and then go to the appropriate web based e-mail if necessary to respond or look at attachments.

I use to hate Outlook--still not my favorite, but it has some cool features in the 2010 version that makes it more interactive with the other programs in that suite.

working